- Smith’s Distributors (SD) was founded by Ian Smith, in 2000.
- SD was started as a single agent and grew to one of the leading agencies in Namibia with a growing number of dedicated representatives and products.
- In 2014 C&I Marketing (CIM) joined forces with Smith’s Distributors.
- Ian Smith (Smith’s Distributors – SD)
- Cor van Tonder (C&I Marketing – CIM)
What SD & CIM do
- Offer a dedicated sales and marketing team to build the brand and promote individual products.
- Assist in developing the marketing strategy for the brand and the product portfolio.
- Assist in managing the relationships with the wholesale distributors to, inter alia, ensure appropriate stock levels and to monitor the success of the strategies in place.
- Oversee the day to day execution of the marketing strategy.
- Control payroll and representative benefits like Pension fund and Social Security.
Strategy & Vision
- To be the company that best understands and satisfies the marketing and operational need of pharmaceutical and surgical companies in their operations within Namibia.
- Assist a number of prominent pharmaceutical and surgical companies to increase their company footprint and business operations within Namibia.
- By providing a complete solution for their in-market marketing and sales needs.
- Provide companies with well managed sales representatives and all the backup support needed for these representatives to be successful.
- To represent companies at wholesaler, pharmacy and doctor level on a day to day operational basis.
- Passionate, Dependable, Ethical
- Signing and growing market leading pharmaceutical and surgical companies in Namibia’s medical industry.
Products & Services
- Smith’s Distributors provides the following to companies represented:
- Act as the legal entity representative on behalf of our full portfolio of companies.
- Marketing and sales of company products
- Full HR services
- Manage relationship with wholesalers, pharmacies and doctors
- Day to day operations
- If necessary warehousing and distribution of surgical and medical devises
- Provide office space
- Secure storage space
- SD & CIM have years of experience, with a proven track record
- Excellent understanding of Namibian market
- Strong relationship with all stakeholders
Management & Ownership
Owner & Manager
- B.Tech Degree: Marketing and Sales Management
- National Diploma: Marketing & Sales Management
- Started with SD & CIM 2010
- 18 years administration and financial experience, four years thereof (2002 – 2006) in Westminster, London, UK as accounts payable for E.ON Ruhrgas UK (Pty) Ltd
Owner & Manager
Cor van Tonder
- B.com Sport Management
Business Operations Manager
- Four year – Diploma Course: General Nursing, Community, Psychiatry and Midwifery.
- 18yrs of Pharmaceutical Industry experience with regards to Marketing and Sales; Data Information, Incentives; Dr Grading; Data Management and analysis.
- ImpactRx data analysis.
- Joined Smiths Distributors in 2016
Office and administrative manager
- Started with Smiths in 2013 with more than 11 years experience
in administration, payroll and tax.